Deadline for submission the offers:
October 22th, 2019
Place and method of submitting offers:
By post to the address:
Prof. Krzysztof Skóra Hel Marine Station
Institute of Oceanography, University of Gdansk
ul. Morska 2
84 – 150 Hel
By e-mail to the address:
Contact person & phone number
+48 601 889 940
Short order description
Conducting the full dissection of maximum 30 marine mammals stranded on the Polish Baltic coast, providing the full documentation as well as the collection and preservation of biological samples for further post-mortem analyzes for determining the health condition of the animals.
The tasks and responsibilities of selected Contractors are:
– external examination and morphometric measurements
– visual inspection and description of the state of internal organs
– tissue sampling for further analysis according the protocol
– segregation and description of samples
– securing samples
– assessment of the age of dissected individuals
– making a test from parasites
– making a report from section
– photo documentation
Three persons are foreseen to carry out the dissections.
It is acceptable to make an offer individual or team.
The three individual persons or team with the most advantageous offer will be selected from all submitted offers.
The offer should include the price for dissecting one animal.
Additional order description
Dissections will be carried out in Prof. Krzysztof Skóra Hel Marine Station, University of Gdańsk, in Hel. The Customer does not provide transport or catering.
After selecting the Contractor (s), a contract (s) will be signed within fourteen days.
The dissections will take place on November 5-7, 2019.
Knowledge and experience
– higher education in the field of natural sciences (zootechnician, oceanographer, marine biologist, veterinarian, etc.)
– experience in conducting dissection of marine mammals
– knowledge of the biology of marine mammals in the Baltic Sea
– experience and proficiency in preparing sectional reports
– basic knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of marine mammals
– knowledge of specialist English
– ability to use microscopes and binoculars
– ability to work in a team
– ability to organize work
– knowledge of the principles of health and safety at work with infectious and dangerous material
– resistance to arduous working conditions
– knowledge and ability to use surgical tools
– knowledge of safety and hygiene rules in contact with infectious material
List of documents / statements required from the Contractor
– Confirmation of experience in conducting dissection of marine mammals (mainly seals) from the supervisor
Assessment criteria and description of how the points are awarded
- Price (for dissection of one animal) – 70%
C = The lowest price among all evaluated offers / Price of the evaluated offer
- Numbers of dissection (P) – 30%
|Numbers of dissection||Numer of points awarded|
|5 – 7||10|
|8 – 9||20|
R = C*70 + P